Tips for free use of Wi-Fi Services at Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1
To offer a stable environment for high-capacity Wi-Fi with seamless connection, Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 since May, 2015 has used a new Wi-Fi system. The system enables 10,000 end-user devices to access free internet service. It also does away with the need to set up private internet facilities like Wi-Fi access points and Wi-Fi hotspot sharing.
Here are a few tips on using the new Wi-Fi service:
- Access locations:
First floor exhibition area of Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1, Sky Dome and all public hallways, B1 Dining Area, and meeting rooms on the first, third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors.
- Basic equipment required for using the Wi-Fi internet connection:
- Notebook computer, tablet computer or smart phone.
- Wi-Fi-certified wireless network cards compliant with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
- Cards operating at 2.4GHz (wireless card protocols: b/g/n) are more susceptible to channel interference, resulting in poor internet connection quality. Try to use equipment that supports the 5GHz (wireless card protocols: a/n/ac) for accessing the internet.
- Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1’s Wi-Fi SSID are as follows:
- TWTC Free (For buyers and visitors, no password required)
- TWTC Vendor (Exhibitors can obtain password from event organizer)
- TWTC Press(Domestic & foreign journalists can obtain password from event organizer)
- Notes for using the Wi-Fi Service:
- This service is intended solely for the provision of basic E-mail sending/receiving and for webpage browsing by buyers, exhibitors and journalists.
- There are many competing Wi-Fi devices within the 2.4 GHz band, such as Bluetooth devices, wireless speakers, wireless audio electronics, microwave ovens, plus the AP equipment set up by exhibitors that will affect the Center’s Wi-Fi service quality; as a result, only the 5 GHz service will be provided on the first floor and Sky Dome, and all other areas will have both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz services.
- Wi-Fi access speeds will be affected by the network terminal equipment’s performance, placement, distance, building (decoration) shielding, electromagnetic radio frequency interference (such as those mentioned in the second item above), the host website’s bandwidth, and numerous other factors; if this causes direct or indirect damage or loss, the Center assumes no liability for damages.
- Use of software/hardware systems which interfere with or sabotage other online users or nodes, such as disseminating computer viruses, attempting to hack into unauthorized systems, is strictly prohibited.
- Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 shall terminate the rights to use the service in the event of a personal device being infected with a virus or is making malicious attacks on other computers which may compromise internet connection quality.
- Users shall avoid violating copyright laws or engaging in illicit online activities. Any legal liability resulting from such violations shall be borne solely by the user(s).
- Users shall comply with Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1’s related internet usage guidelines when using the Wi-Fi service. For violators, the exhibition hall shall terminate the perpetrator’s access rights to the service.
5. Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center reserves the right to change or terminate this service at any time without providing notice.